British diplomat lauds Bihar development
Patna: A British diplomat on Wednesday lauded development in Bihar and inclusive growth under Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s leadership and said that several companies from the Great Britain were evincing interest to work in sectors like infrastructure, education and other sectors in the state.
"The Chief Minister deserves all credit for improvement in law and order situation and the changing perception about Bihar has helped attract investments for development of infrastructure and ensure inclusive growth", British Deputy Higher Commissioner for Eastern India Sanjay Wadvani said at a seminar here.
"Kumar must be congratulated for his vision that has made Bihar a success story in governance and development which was being talked about effusively in India and abroad", he said.
"Bihar has not only emerged as the fastest growing state in India, but has been contributing to India`s growth", Wadvani said.
A number of successful migrant people from Bihar have returned to their roots after hearing about the success story of their ancestral land, he said.
"Bihar has emerged as the right place to be if one looked for tapping opportunities for business and investment and a number of British companies have evinced interest in working in sectors like infrastructure, education and skills and low carbon development", he said.
Wadwani said UK-based companies had the right mix of business expertise, skill and experience to work with the local industry in various sectors and the state government and pointed out the development and welfare activities of the Department of International Development (DFID) in Bihar with an investment of 225 million British Pound.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez