British diplomat lauds Bihar development
Patna: A British diplomat on Wednesday lauded development in Bihar and inclusive growth under Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s leadership and said that several companies from the Great Britain were evincing interest to work in sectors like infrastructure, education and other sectors in the state.
"The Chief Minister deserves all credit for improvement in law and order situation and the changing perception about Bihar has helped attract investments for development of infrastructure and ensure inclusive growth", British Deputy Higher Commissioner for Eastern India Sanjay Wadvani said at a seminar here.
"Kumar must be congratulated for his vision that has made Bihar a success story in governance and development which was being talked about effusively in India and abroad", he said.
"Bihar has not only emerged as the fastest growing state in India, but has been contributing to India`s growth", Wadvani said.
A number of successful migrant people from Bihar have returned to their roots after hearing about the success story of their ancestral land, he said.
"Bihar has emerged as the right place to be if one looked for tapping opportunities for business and investment and a number of British companies have evinced interest in working in sectors like infrastructure, education and skills and low carbon development", he said.
Wadwani said UK-based companies had the right mix of business expertise, skill and experience to work with the local industry in various sectors and the state government and pointed out the development and welfare activities of the Department of International Development (DFID) in Bihar with an investment of 225 million British Pound.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands