British diplomat lauds Bihar development
Patna: A British diplomat on Wednesday lauded development in Bihar and inclusive growth under Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s leadership and said that several companies from the Great Britain were evincing interest to work in sectors like infrastructure, education and other sectors in the state.
"The Chief Minister deserves all credit for improvement in law and order situation and the changing perception about Bihar has helped attract investments for development of infrastructure and ensure inclusive growth", British Deputy Higher Commissioner for Eastern India Sanjay Wadvani said at a seminar here.
"Kumar must be congratulated for his vision that has made Bihar a success story in governance and development which was being talked about effusively in India and abroad", he said.
"Bihar has not only emerged as the fastest growing state in India, but has been contributing to India`s growth", Wadvani said.
A number of successful migrant people from Bihar have returned to their roots after hearing about the success story of their ancestral land, he said.
"Bihar has emerged as the right place to be if one looked for tapping opportunities for business and investment and a number of British companies have evinced interest in working in sectors like infrastructure, education and skills and low carbon development", he said.
Wadwani said UK-based companies had the right mix of business expertise, skill and experience to work with the local industry in various sectors and the state government and pointed out the development and welfare activities of the Department of International Development (DFID) in Bihar with an investment of 225 million British Pound.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy