British diplomat lauds Bihar development
Patna: A British diplomat on Wednesday lauded development in Bihar and inclusive growth under Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s leadership and said that several companies from the Great Britain were evincing interest to work in sectors like infrastructure, education and other sectors in the state.
"The Chief Minister deserves all credit for improvement in law and order situation and the changing perception about Bihar has helped attract investments for development of infrastructure and ensure inclusive growth", British Deputy Higher Commissioner for Eastern India Sanjay Wadvani said at a seminar here.
"Kumar must be congratulated for his vision that has made Bihar a success story in governance and development which was being talked about effusively in India and abroad", he said.
"Bihar has not only emerged as the fastest growing state in India, but has been contributing to India`s growth", Wadvani said.
A number of successful migrant people from Bihar have returned to their roots after hearing about the success story of their ancestral land, he said.
"Bihar has emerged as the right place to be if one looked for tapping opportunities for business and investment and a number of British companies have evinced interest in working in sectors like infrastructure, education and skills and low carbon development", he said.
Wadwani said UK-based companies had the right mix of business expertise, skill and experience to work with the local industry in various sectors and the state government and pointed out the development and welfare activities of the Department of International Development (DFID) in Bihar with an investment of 225 million British Pound.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’