British High Commissioner meets J&K Governor, Omar
Srinagar: Political developments in Jammu and Kashmir and matters of socio-economic importance came up for discussion in a meeting between British High Commissioner to India Sir Richard Stagg and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah
An official spokesman said today that the outgoing British High Commissioner called on the Chief Minister yesterday and discussed various matters pertaining to the state during the hour-long meeting.
Omar gave details of the measures being taken to restore permanent peace and help faster development in the state.
The Chief Minister also apprised Stagg of the new initiatives take by the state government for holistic and equitable development of all regions of the state, the spokesman said.
He also talked about the measures in place to address the problem of unemployment.
The British High Commissioner evinced keen interest in the innovative steps taken by the state for peace and development in the state, the spokesman said.
The British High Commissioner also called on Governor NN Vohra at Rajbhawan last evening.
Stagg, who is on a two-day visit to the state, had yesterday met moderate Hurriyat leader Mirwaiz Umer Farooq.
Stagg was accompanied by the First Secretary, Political, British High Commission Alex Bamford and Political Adviser Sushil Aaron.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?