British High Commissioner meets J&K Governor, Omar
Srinagar: Political developments in Jammu and Kashmir and matters of socio-economic importance came up for discussion in a meeting between British High Commissioner to India Sir Richard Stagg and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah
An official spokesman said today that the outgoing British High Commissioner called on the Chief Minister yesterday and discussed various matters pertaining to the state during the hour-long meeting.
Omar gave details of the measures being taken to restore permanent peace and help faster development in the state.
The Chief Minister also apprised Stagg of the new initiatives take by the state government for holistic and equitable development of all regions of the state, the spokesman said.
He also talked about the measures in place to address the problem of unemployment.
The British High Commissioner evinced keen interest in the innovative steps taken by the state for peace and development in the state, the spokesman said.
The British High Commissioner also called on Governor NN Vohra at Rajbhawan last evening.
Stagg, who is on a two-day visit to the state, had yesterday met moderate Hurriyat leader Mirwaiz Umer Farooq.
Stagg was accompanied by the First Secretary, Political, British High Commission Alex Bamford and Political Adviser Sushil Aaron.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter