British High Commissioner meets J&K Governor, Omar
Srinagar: Political developments in Jammu and Kashmir and matters of socio-economic importance came up for discussion in a meeting between British High Commissioner to India Sir Richard Stagg and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah
An official spokesman said today that the outgoing British High Commissioner called on the Chief Minister yesterday and discussed various matters pertaining to the state during the hour-long meeting.
Omar gave details of the measures being taken to restore permanent peace and help faster development in the state.
The Chief Minister also apprised Stagg of the new initiatives take by the state government for holistic and equitable development of all regions of the state, the spokesman said.
He also talked about the measures in place to address the problem of unemployment.
The British High Commissioner evinced keen interest in the innovative steps taken by the state for peace and development in the state, the spokesman said.
The British High Commissioner also called on Governor NN Vohra at Rajbhawan last evening.
Stagg, who is on a two-day visit to the state, had yesterday met moderate Hurriyat leader Mirwaiz Umer Farooq.
Stagg was accompanied by the First Secretary, Political, British High Commission Alex Bamford and Political Adviser Sushil Aaron.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply