British tourist dies of food poisoning at Jaipur
Jaipur: The body of a British tourist, who
died here due to food poisoning, was today handed over to her
husband after post-mortem, police said.
Marie Baxter (63), who was on medication for food
poisoning, had come to Jaipur along with other tourists
including her husband David, on April 17, they said.
On Tuesday evening, she suddenly fell sick in a hotel at
Kukas, on Delhi Road, where the group was staying. Marie was
immediately rushed to SMS hospital where she died, police
The post-mortem was conducted today on arrival of the
representative of insurance company authorised by the UK
embassy. Later, the body was handed over to her husband, they
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir