Browne discussed with US setting up Indian space, cyber commands
Washington: , Jul 30 (PTI) India and the US discussed a host of issues, including the security situation in South Asia, East China Sea, anti-piracy operations and America`s help in developing two new commands - space and cyber, during a recent visit of Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne.
Commander of US Pacific Air Forces and Air Component Commander General Herbert Carlisle said the "relationship is great with Indian air force."
Describing Browne as his "good friend", Carlisle said during the Indian Air Chief`s last week`s four-day US visit they talked about a variety of things and regional issues.
"The other things that he talked about that the Indian Air Force, the Indian military is trying to develop a space command on the military side, because right now almost everything that is done in India in space is on the civilian and commercial side," Carlisle said.
"They are trying to develop an Indian military space capability, as well as cyber capability," he added.
Browne went to Colorado to meet the Space Command, during which he was briefed on how the US Space Command works, the organisational structure, technologies available, and the lessons that the US has learned from its experiences, Carlisle said, adding the two forces are likely to do "subject matter" exchanges with experts in this field in the near future.
They also talked about the security situation in South Asia and what the two forces can do as partners to continue to work in that region.
"It is everything from west side, piracy going into Maldives, to East side what happening in the East China Sea and how we can continue to maintain security and stability in the region. We had very good discussion," Carlisle said.
Responding to a question, Carlisle said, "China was very much discussed" during Browne`s US visit.
"I think, every nation in the Asia Pacific region has relationship with PRC (People`s Republic of China) and we have to be cognisant about. We talked about their issues and commonality with the PRC, they have border issues, but they also have trade," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune