Browne to hold talks with US military leaders
New Delhi: Seeking to strengthen defence ties between the two countries, IAF Chief Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne is on a four-day visit to the US.
The IAF Chief is visiting the US on the invitation of his American counterpart General Mark A Welsh and will also take the delivery of 2nd C-17 heavylift transport aircraft for the Air Force, IAF said in a statement today.
During the visit, Browne, is scheduled to hold talks with senior military leadership of that country including American Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen Martin E Dempsey and Gen Herbert J "Hawk" Carlisle, Commander Pacific Air Forces.
IAF chief is likely to discuss a wide range of bilateral issues on the ongoing defence cooperation between the two countries towards strengthening the growing US-India Security and Defence relationship, the statement added.
Browne would tomorrow also be accepting the delivery of the second C-17 Globemaster III.
He is also scheduled to visit US Cyber Command at Fort Meade and US Space Command located at Peterson Air Force base in Colorado.
Browne graduated from Air Command and Staff College, Alabama in 1987.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?