Browne to hold talks with US military leaders
New Delhi: Seeking to strengthen defence ties between the two countries, IAF Chief Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne is on a four-day visit to the US.
The IAF Chief is visiting the US on the invitation of his American counterpart General Mark A Welsh and will also take the delivery of 2nd C-17 heavylift transport aircraft for the Air Force, IAF said in a statement today.
During the visit, Browne, is scheduled to hold talks with senior military leadership of that country including American Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen Martin E Dempsey and Gen Herbert J "Hawk" Carlisle, Commander Pacific Air Forces.
IAF chief is likely to discuss a wide range of bilateral issues on the ongoing defence cooperation between the two countries towards strengthening the growing US-India Security and Defence relationship, the statement added.
Browne would tomorrow also be accepting the delivery of the second C-17 Globemaster III.
He is also scheduled to visit US Cyber Command at Fort Meade and US Space Command located at Peterson Air Force base in Colorado.
Browne graduated from Air Command and Staff College, Alabama in 1987.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it