BSF arrest five Pak nationals from Creek area in Kutch
Ahmedabad: Five Pakistani nationals have
been arrested from the Creek area on west coast of Kutch
district by the Border Security Force (BSF), police said
The incident took place yesterday, they said adding
that the boat in which the five persons were traveling has
also been seized.
According to police, the boat carrying five persons on
board had ventured into the creek area, following which they
were arrested by the BSF.
They are being brought to the joint interrogation
center in Bhuj where they would be questioned, they added.
Last week, five Pakistani men on board a boat were
arrested from the International Marine Border (IMB) near
Jakhau in Kutch district.
BSF sources said that post 26/11 terror attacks in
Mumbai, the sensitivity of the Creek region has increased, and
hence patrolling in the region has been intensified.
Harami Nala, a sluggish and shallow water channel in
the remotest creek area, spread over 500 sq km is prone to
intrusion from Pakistani fishermen, they said.
The marshy topography made it difficult for the BSF
troops to react swiftly against infiltration, sources added.
Border security to be enhanced
India plans to enhance security
along the border by deploying more BSF personnel and equipping
all the border out posts (BOPs) with satellite link, the chief
of the para-military force said today.
"Twenty nine more battalions will be inducted into BSF
within a year," its Director General Raman Srivastava said
during his first visit to Punjab Frontier after assuming the
He said 139 BOPs, which were lacking in satellite
monitoring, would be brought under modern surveillance within
About the recent rocket attack from across the border,
he said the BSF would give a "befitting reply" if such attacks
occurs again for the larger interest of the security and
safety of people living on border villages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read