BSF, BDR trade fire along Meghalaya border
Shillong: BSF and Bangladesh Rifles
exchanged fire at four places in Meghalaya along the Indo-
Bangla border on Tuesday, escalating tension along the
BDR troopers opened fire on Indian villagers who had
gone for cultivation in an `adverse possession land` near
Noljuri in Meghalaya`s Jaintia Hills district, prompting BSF
to retaliate, BSF sources said.
An Indian woman was reportedly injured in the firing.
Details are awaited.
Later, the two sides exchanged fire at Muktapur,
Ratangtila and Dawki also, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Champions League: Cristiano Ronaldo fit and ready to fire Real Madrid to more European glory
- Islamic State claims fatal stabbing of Bangladeshi Hindu: SITE
- New Zealand coach Mike Hesson extends contract until 2019
- Photo Alert! AbRam Khan was the cutest guest ever at Karan Johar's birthday bash—Here's proof
- Six Indian students bag awards at prestigious Intel Science Fair in US