BSF, BDR trade fire along Meghalaya border
Shillong: BSF and Bangladesh Rifles
exchanged fire at four places in Meghalaya along the Indo-
Bangla border on Tuesday, escalating tension along the
BDR troopers opened fire on Indian villagers who had
gone for cultivation in an `adverse possession land` near
Noljuri in Meghalaya`s Jaintia Hills district, prompting BSF
to retaliate, BSF sources said.
An Indian woman was reportedly injured in the firing.
Details are awaited.
Later, the two sides exchanged fire at Muktapur,
Ratangtila and Dawki also, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt