BSF, CISF donate cheques for Uttarakhand flood vic
New Delhi/ Dehradun: Paramilitary forces BSF and CISF on Friday contributed to the relief fund of Uttarakhand rain and floods victims.
While Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) DG Rajiv handed over a Rs 7 crore cheque to Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde at his office today, Border Security Force chief Subhash Joshi handed a cheque of Rs 10 crore to state Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna in Dehradun.
Both the forces had contributed their one day earnings, both jawans and officers, for the victims of the Uttarakhand flash floods and rains.
Separately, the BSF DG also handed a Rs 70 lakh contribution cheque to state police chief Satyavrat for the families of those 14 police personnel who were killed in the tragedy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today