BSF detect powerful IED planted by Naxals
Kanker (Chhattisgarh): BSF personnel on Tuesday
detected a powerful IED planted by Maoists by the side of a
normally busy road near here and defused it averting any
"The Improvised Explosive Device was kept in a steel
container and was defused in good time before any vehicle
could pass over it," a senior Border Security Force officer
The BSF is involved in anti-Naxal operations along with
the CRPF in the Naxal affected state.
The IED was found near Bhuski village, a few kms from
here, he said.
The force had received a specific intelligence about a
booby-trap following which an operation was launched to detect
any such device and prevent a possible ambush by the Naxals,
the officer said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: List of World's 'most racially intolerant' countries
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- DNA: 12 years on, Nadimarg Kashmiri Pandits massacre still rankles
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'