BSF detect powerful IED planted by Naxals
Kanker (Chhattisgarh): BSF personnel on Tuesday
detected a powerful IED planted by Maoists by the side of a
normally busy road near here and defused it averting any
"The Improvised Explosive Device was kept in a steel
container and was defused in good time before any vehicle
could pass over it," a senior Border Security Force officer
The BSF is involved in anti-Naxal operations along with
the CRPF in the Naxal affected state.
The IED was found near Bhuski village, a few kms from
here, he said.
The force had received a specific intelligence about a
booby-trap following which an operation was launched to detect
any such device and prevent a possible ambush by the Naxals,
the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- DNA: Heroes of surgical strike receives gallantry award
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested