BSF DG for strengthening border management
Karimganj: BSF Director General
Raman Srivastava has stressed the need for strengthening
border management to curb infiltration along the Indo-Bangla
Srivastava, on a two-day visit to the BSF headquarters at
Mizoram and Cachar Frontier in Masimpur, told reporters here
yesterday that he interacted with troops and discussed several
issues faced by them.
"Steps are being taken for additional manpower and
outposts to ensure better border management, which will help
avert incidents of infiltration and curb smuggling and
trans-border crimes along the Indo-Bangla Border," the BSF DG
He also said that the recruitment and training of new
recruits would be done soon to make up for the shortage of
manpower in the force.
Various issues have been taken up with the Centre to
ensure better accommodation and amenities for troops, air
courier facilities for jawans and upgradation of weaponry and
equipments, Srivastava said.
"Priority is to maintain the highest standard of
professional efficiency and instill confidence among border
inhabitants by maintaining good relations with those across
the border...," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir