BSF jawan critically injured in Pak firing
Jammu: Pakistani border guards opened fire on a BSF posts, critically injuring a jawan and sparking an exchange of fire along the International Border (IB) in Jammu sector on Thursday night.
"Pak Rangers heavily fired on Indian post of Abdullian in R S Pura sub-sector of Jammu district tonight" in the ninth ceasefire in 12 days, a senior BSF Officer said.
They first opened heavy weaponery firing and this was followed by small arms fire from 1940 hours on the forward posts and it was continuing when the reports last came from the area, he said.
One BSF jawan was critically wounded in the firing, he said.
BSF troops took up positions and fired back, he said adding the exchange of fire was on.
There were two firing incidents and ceasefire violations by Pakistan in Pansar Boder Out Post (BOP) along the International Border (IB) in Samba sector and Krishnagati forward belt along Line of Control (LOC) barely hours after presenting sweets to BSF troops and Army on India`s 66 Indpendence day by them on IB and LoC yesterday.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India will be 'Congress-free' if BJP keeps nation 'drought-free': Sanjay Raut
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: Parent firm Finmeccanica yet to be formally blacklisted, says report
- PCB clears Younis Khan after accepting his apology
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net for Chhattisgarh Board CGBSE 10th X Class High School (HS) Exam Results 2016
- #CongressPlanningRiots is trending on Twitter. Here's why