BSF jawan critically injured in Pak firing
Jammu: Pakistani border guards opened fire on a BSF posts, critically injuring a jawan and sparking an exchange of fire along the International Border (IB) in Jammu sector on Thursday night.
"Pak Rangers heavily fired on Indian post of Abdullian in R S Pura sub-sector of Jammu district tonight" in the ninth ceasefire in 12 days, a senior BSF Officer said.
They first opened heavy weaponery firing and this was followed by small arms fire from 1940 hours on the forward posts and it was continuing when the reports last came from the area, he said.
One BSF jawan was critically wounded in the firing, he said.
BSF troops took up positions and fired back, he said adding the exchange of fire was on.
There were two firing incidents and ceasefire violations by Pakistan in Pansar Boder Out Post (BOP) along the International Border (IB) in Samba sector and Krishnagati forward belt along Line of Control (LOC) barely hours after presenting sweets to BSF troops and Army on India`s 66 Indpendence day by them on IB and LoC yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state