BSF jawan critically injured in Pak firing
Jammu: Pakistani border guards opened fire on a BSF posts, critically injuring a jawan and sparking an exchange of fire along the International Border (IB) in Jammu sector on Thursday night.
"Pak Rangers heavily fired on Indian post of Abdullian in R S Pura sub-sector of Jammu district tonight" in the ninth ceasefire in 12 days, a senior BSF Officer said.
They first opened heavy weaponery firing and this was followed by small arms fire from 1940 hours on the forward posts and it was continuing when the reports last came from the area, he said.
One BSF jawan was critically wounded in the firing, he said.
BSF troops took up positions and fired back, he said adding the exchange of fire was on.
There were two firing incidents and ceasefire violations by Pakistan in Pansar Boder Out Post (BOP) along the International Border (IB) in Samba sector and Krishnagati forward belt along Line of Control (LOC) barely hours after presenting sweets to BSF troops and Army on India`s 66 Indpendence day by them on IB and LoC yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise