BSF jawan injured in LoC firing dies
Jammu: The BSF jawan, who was injured in
cross-border firing along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch
district of Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday, succumbed to his
injures last evening.
One of the three jawans injured in the firing, Mukesh
Chand of 47th Battalion of BSF succumbed to his injuries in
the Army hospital in Poonch last evening, Army officials said.
Pakistani troops intermittently fired on Kranti Post in
Mendhar sector between 10:30 hours and 11:00 hours yesterday and
injured three jawans they said, adding, Indian troops did not
While Mukesh succumbed to injuries, the other two Pawan
Kumar and S Jogi were said to be out of danger.
There have been 27 incidents of such ceasefire violations
till November 25 by Pakistan along the Line of Control, Army
During the last four years there have been 128 incidents
of ground ceasefire and 43 air space violations by Pakistan,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened