BSF jawan injured in LoC firing dies
Jammu: The BSF jawan, who was injured in
cross-border firing along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch
district of Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday, succumbed to his
injures last evening.
One of the three jawans injured in the firing, Mukesh
Chand of 47th Battalion of BSF succumbed to his injuries in
the Army hospital in Poonch last evening, Army officials said.
Pakistani troops intermittently fired on Kranti Post in
Mendhar sector between 10:30 hours and 11:00 hours yesterday and
injured three jawans they said, adding, Indian troops did not
While Mukesh succumbed to injuries, the other two Pawan
Kumar and S Jogi were said to be out of danger.
There have been 27 incidents of such ceasefire violations
till November 25 by Pakistan along the Line of Control, Army
During the last four years there have been 128 incidents
of ground ceasefire and 43 air space violations by Pakistan,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 9 VIDEO: Guess who led Kolkata Knight Riders' playoffs celebrations!
- Salman Khan flexes his muscles in new 'Sultan' still! See pic
- Answering machine, chats on QR code coming soon on WhatsApp!
- Jiah Khan case: HC stays trial against Sooraj Pancholi; Rabia's plea to be heard on June 7
- Say whaaat! Former Bigg Boss contestant Sofia Hayat is now 'Mother Sofia' – Pics inside