BSF jawan kills two superiors in Assam`s Dhubri district
Guwahati: In a case of fratricide, a BSF trooper allegedly killed two officers and injured another at a remote border post in Assam`s Dhubri district before shooting himself on Thursday.
Initial reports coming from the location, somewhere along the Indo-Bangladesh border, suggest that the jawan Prabhakar Mishra allegedly shot the officials and colleagues from his service weapon around 10:30 am and later shot himself at Hathi Char border post, a senior BSF official said.
The jawan is reported to be critical and an air evacuation mission is currently underway to rescue the injured.
The two dead are Assistant Sub-inspector rank officers -- Babu Lal and Surender -- of the force. The injured has been identified as constable Om Prakash, they said.
The exact reason for the incident is yet to be ascertained, the official said.
Senior officials of the paramilitary force have rushed to the border post which is close to the Brahmaputra River.
This incident is the third fratricide incident in the last few months in the border guarding force as earlier incidents were reported from Punjab and Rajasthan.
The Border Security Force (BSF) is manning the Indo-Bangla border in this region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman