BSF jawan on leave becomes victim of Muzaffarnagar riots
Muzaffarnagar: Sajid, a BSF jawan, had come home on leave hoping to spend time with his family, but had no inkling of what was in store for him.
During the communal violence in Muzaffarnagar, the rioters torched Sajid`s house in neighbouring Shamli district, forcing him and his family to flee to save their lives.
Sajid, a jawan of the 112th company of the BSF at Ganganagar in Rajasthan, and had come home in Nala village on leave when the violence broke out in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas.
After his house was attacked, Sajid called his seniors at the BSF, and on their directions, he and his family were safely shifted to a relief camp in Kandhla village in the district.
Sajid and his family are still at the camp.
Over 40,000 people have been displaced in Muzaffarnagar district and surrounding areas after the outbreak of the violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE