BSF jawan on leave becomes victim of Muzaffarnagar riots
Muzaffarnagar: Sajid, a BSF jawan, had come home on leave hoping to spend time with his family, but had no inkling of what was in store for him.
During the communal violence in Muzaffarnagar, the rioters torched Sajid`s house in neighbouring Shamli district, forcing him and his family to flee to save their lives.
Sajid, a jawan of the 112th company of the BSF at Ganganagar in Rajasthan, and had come home in Nala village on leave when the violence broke out in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas.
After his house was attacked, Sajid called his seniors at the BSF, and on their directions, he and his family were safely shifted to a relief camp in Kandhla village in the district.
Sajid and his family are still at the camp.
Over 40,000 people have been displaced in Muzaffarnagar district and surrounding areas after the outbreak of the violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report