BSF jawan says treated well in Pakistan, to return home today
Zee Media Bureau
Jammu: Pakistan will on Friday release a BSF constable who was swept away to Pakistan by the powerful current of the Chenab river in Jammu and Kashmir.
Pakistan Rangers agreed to release BSF jawan Satyasheel Yadav at a flag meeting sought by BSF officials yesterday.
Sources said Yadav, who hails from Ferozabad in Uttar Pradesh, would be released between 2:00 and 3:00 pm.
Yadav today appeared before the Pakistani media and said that he was made to feel comfortable by Pakistani Rangers, who had rescued him from the Chenab river.
“I have not faced any problem in Pakistan,” the BSF trooper said, flanked by Rangers` officials.
"They took my introduction. They helped me to the extent they could. They kept me better than what I had thought. I have no complaints. I am happy," the 30-year-old jawan said.
Yadav told reporters that his boat accidentally strayed into Pakistan after it went out of control in strong river currents.
"My colleagues swam out but I did not know swimming. The boat took me into Pakistani territory. I jumped into water near a Pakistan post and was rescued by jawans of Pakistan Rangers," he said in his narration of the events leading to his capture.
Yadav, who was part of a water patrol party of the BSF in Akhnoor area of the international border, was swept away in the river after their motorboat developed a mechanical fault on Wednesday.
The trooper was carried by the river current to Bajwaat village in Sialkot area of Pakistan.
On Thursday, India raised diplomatically both in New Delhi and Islamabad the issue of the expeditious release of the BSF constable.
(With agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you