BSF jawans celebrate Lohri on Indo-Pak border
Octerio BOP (Indo-Pak border): Miles away
from their families, BSF jawans celebrated Lohri by dancing
around bonfires and exchanging sweets with locals at Forward
Border Out Post.
Leaving aside the mounting tension due to increase in
infiltration attempts and cross border firing, the 135
battalion of BSF immersed themselves in the celebrations.
"We are celebrating Lohri with great enthusiasm...the
jawans should not miss their homes and families while
performing duty on the borders," a senior BSF officer said
However, amidst celebrations, patrolling by jawans
continued as usual.
"Jawans are celebrating the Lohri...But at the same time
we have not let down our vigilance along the borderline,"
Jawan Ram Singh told reporters here.
Residents of Suchetgarh village located near the border
also joined the jawans to celebrate the festival which marks
the end of winter season.
"The locals made us feel we are with our families," a BSF
Troops hoped that the festival will also mark the
beginning of normalcy and peace along the borderline.
Lohri was also celebrated in Chakan-da-bagh, Jhangar,
Pallanwala, Ramgarh and some other places along the LoC and
the International Border in JK.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why