BSF jawans celebrate Lohri on Indo-Pak border
Octerio BOP (Indo-Pak border): Miles away
from their families, BSF jawans celebrated Lohri by dancing
around bonfires and exchanging sweets with locals at Forward
Border Out Post.
Leaving aside the mounting tension due to increase in
infiltration attempts and cross border firing, the 135
battalion of BSF immersed themselves in the celebrations.
"We are celebrating Lohri with great enthusiasm...the
jawans should not miss their homes and families while
performing duty on the borders," a senior BSF officer said
However, amidst celebrations, patrolling by jawans
continued as usual.
"Jawans are celebrating the Lohri...But at the same time
we have not let down our vigilance along the borderline,"
Jawan Ram Singh told reporters here.
Residents of Suchetgarh village located near the border
also joined the jawans to celebrate the festival which marks
the end of winter season.
"The locals made us feel we are with our families," a BSF
Troops hoped that the festival will also mark the
beginning of normalcy and peace along the borderline.
Lohri was also celebrated in Chakan-da-bagh, Jhangar,
Pallanwala, Ramgarh and some other places along the LoC and
the International Border in JK.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery