BSF jawan`s death: Family allege murder, demands CBI probe
Ballia (Uttar Pradesh): The family of a BSF jawan, who allegedly committed suicide in West Bengal on February 26, on Saturday alleged he was murdered and demanded a CBI probe into the matter.
Locals disrupted vehicular traffic for over six hours when the body of jawan Mukesh Kumar Singh reached his native Sonversa village here, officials said.
The jawan`s family members demanded a CBI inquiry into his death and conferment of the status of a martyr on him, they said.
Rajesh Singh, the brother of the BSF para-trooper, told PTI that Mukesh had worked out an arms smuggling case on February 22.
Mukesh had called his family recently and expressed apprehensions that he might be murdered, he said.
The family alleged Mukesh was murdered and his death was shown as suicide.
Reports said the BSF jawan, who was suffering from depression, had shot himself with his service rifle and died instantly on February 26 in Kalyani area in West Bengal.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India