BSF jawan`s death: Family allege murder, demands CBI probe
Ballia (Uttar Pradesh): The family of a BSF jawan, who allegedly committed suicide in West Bengal on February 26, on Saturday alleged he was murdered and demanded a CBI probe into the matter.
Locals disrupted vehicular traffic for over six hours when the body of jawan Mukesh Kumar Singh reached his native Sonversa village here, officials said.
The jawan`s family members demanded a CBI inquiry into his death and conferment of the status of a martyr on him, they said.
Rajesh Singh, the brother of the BSF para-trooper, told PTI that Mukesh had worked out an arms smuggling case on February 22.
Mukesh had called his family recently and expressed apprehensions that he might be murdered, he said.
The family alleged Mukesh was murdered and his death was shown as suicide.
Reports said the BSF jawan, who was suffering from depression, had shot himself with his service rifle and died instantly on February 26 in Kalyani area in West Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!