BSF jawan`s death: Family allege murder, demands CBI probe
Ballia (Uttar Pradesh): The family of a BSF jawan, who allegedly committed suicide in West Bengal on February 26, on Saturday alleged he was murdered and demanded a CBI probe into the matter.
Locals disrupted vehicular traffic for over six hours when the body of jawan Mukesh Kumar Singh reached his native Sonversa village here, officials said.
The jawan`s family members demanded a CBI inquiry into his death and conferment of the status of a martyr on him, they said.
Rajesh Singh, the brother of the BSF para-trooper, told PTI that Mukesh had worked out an arms smuggling case on February 22.
Mukesh had called his family recently and expressed apprehensions that he might be murdered, he said.
The family alleged Mukesh was murdered and his death was shown as suicide.
Reports said the BSF jawan, who was suffering from depression, had shot himself with his service rifle and died instantly on February 26 in Kalyani area in West Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi