BSF jawans get special shoes to perform border closing parade
Jalandhar: Soldiers participating in the routine `lowering of the flags` parade at the Attari Indo-Pak border in Amritsar have been provided with special shoes to help them perform the ceremony in comfort.
Jawans had earlier complained of facing severe back and knee problems while performing the aggressive parade during the border closing ceremony that takes place every evening before sunset.
Border Security Force Deputy Inspector General, M F Farooqui said "Soldiers taking part in the parade tap their feet hard in aggression causing severe knee and backache problems to them. Earlier we had decided to lay a wooden path on the road but they are now being provided with more comfortable shoes."
The soldiers have been recently provided with these shoes and positive feedback has been received so far.
"The well cushioned shoes have specially been modified for these soldiers and they seem satisfied with it as no further complaints have been made by the soldiers," Farooqui said.
When asked about the women soldiers Farooqui said, women have different sizes and they are working on it.
On the cost of such shoes Farooqui said that the scheme is in its initial stage and the cost can only be calculated once it is successfully approved after the feedback from the soldiers.
The routine ceremony starts with a blustering parade by the soldiers from both the sides, and ends up in the perfectly coordinated lowering of the two nations` flags. It is called the beating retreat border ceremony on the international level.
The spectacle of the ceremony attracts many visitors from both sides of the border, as well as international tourists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read