BSF jawans injured in explosion near border in Jammu
Jammu: Five BSF jawans were on Saturday injured
in an explosion near the International Border in Hiranagar
area of Kathua district in Jammu division.
The explosion occurred at around 09:15 hours this
morning when a BSF patrolling party was marching near border
outpost of Mangu Chak in Hiranagar sector, BSF officials said
here, adding five jawans sustained minor injuries and have
been admitted to a hospital at Samba.
It was not immediately known whether the explosion
occurred due to an Improvised Explosive Device or a landmine.
It could be a handiwork of ultras as the realignment
of fencing is going on in the area, they said.
On November 16, DIG BSF OP Tanwar was killed and two
other jawans were injured in a powerful IED blast near the
Indo-Pak border at Ballad Post in Samba sector of Jammu.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'