BSF jawans injured in explosion near border in Jammu
Jammu: Five BSF jawans were on Saturday injured
in an explosion near the International Border in Hiranagar
area of Kathua district in Jammu division.
The explosion occurred at around 09:15 hours this
morning when a BSF patrolling party was marching near border
outpost of Mangu Chak in Hiranagar sector, BSF officials said
here, adding five jawans sustained minor injuries and have
been admitted to a hospital at Samba.
It was not immediately known whether the explosion
occurred due to an Improvised Explosive Device or a landmine.
It could be a handiwork of ultras as the realignment
of fencing is going on in the area, they said.
On November 16, DIG BSF OP Tanwar was killed and two
other jawans were injured in a powerful IED blast near the
Indo-Pak border at Ballad Post in Samba sector of Jammu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa