BSF lodges protest over ceasefire violation by Pak Rangers
Jammu: BSF has lodged a strong protest with Pakistani troops at a flag meeting over ceasefire violations during the past two days by firing on outposts along the Indo-Pak border in Jammu sector, in which a jawan was killed.
"BSF authorities lodged a strong protest with Pak Rangers over the two incidents of ceasefire violations and firing on Indian posts during the past two days," a senior BSF officer said.
The protest was lodged at a commandant-level flag meeting held for nearly an hour at Octerio border outpost (BOP) in Suchetgarh sub-sector here last evening.
In the two recent ceasefire violations, Pakistani troops fired on Indian positions in Nikowal and Budhwar forward belts in R S Pura sub-sector along the International Border in Jammu sector on May 14 and 15, in which a BSF jawan was killed.
In the strong-worded protest, BSF authorities asked their Pakistani counterparts to honour the ceasefire agreement and not resort to unprovoked firing. The BSF officials told them that troops on this side would also retaliate if Pak Rangers fire on their positions.
The Pakistani rangers, however, expressed ignorance over the incidents of firing.
Pakistani troops yesterday violated ceasefire and opened unprovoked firing on Indian BOPs in Nikowal belt of R S Pura sub-sector which lasted over 45 minutes.
The BSF returned the fire and there were no casualties on the Indian side, an official said.
On Saturday night, Pakistani snipers fired on a BSF patrol in Budhwar area in Suchetgarh sub-sector along the IB, 45-km from here, killing a jawan.
There have been five instances of truce violation by Pakistani soldiers in less than a month.
On May 05, Pakistani troops fired rockets and opened indiscriminate firing on Indian positions in Poonch sector along the LoC.
Two more such incidents took place in Poonch on April 22 and 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug