BSF lodges protest with Pak rangers over ceasefire violation
Jammu: Border Security Forces (BSF) Saturday lodged a strong protest with Pakistan Rangers for violation of ceasefire, firing and rocket attacks on forward border outpost (BOP) along Indo-Pak border in Samba sector of Jammu and Kashmir.
"We lodged a strong protest with Pak Rangers at a flag meeting at Commandant level at Ramgarh BOP in Samba district over ceasefire violation, firing and rocket attacks on Ballard BoP along International Border (IB)", Deputy Inspector General (DIG) G Branch, BSF, G Oberio told.
The Commandant-level meeting was led by Commandant 59 Battalion of BSF O P Upadhaya and the Pakistani side it was led by Wing Commander of Chinab Rangers Raja Syed. The meeting lasted for over half an hour.
The DIG said the Pakistan Rangers, however, denied any knowledge about the firing and ceasefire violation and said that they would monitor such activities along Borderline.
There was heavy firing and attacks of Rocket Projectile Grenades (RPGs) on Ballard BOP along International Border (IB) in Samba sector aroung 0430 hours on December 26.
Border Security Force (BSF) troops guarding the border took positions and retaliated, resulting in a fierce exchange which continued till 0530 hours.
There was no loss of life or damage to property in the cross border firing and rocket attacks, he said adding firing and RPG attacks were resorted to from Lahri Kalam area close to Imran Sheed post of Pakistan.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference