BSF on alert along Indo-Pak border: DG
New Delhi: The BSF is on "alert" and ready to thwart any attempt along the Indo-Pakistan border in the wake of the incident where Pakistani troops crossed into Indian territory and ambushed an Army patrol party killing two soldiers.
"We are on alert. The force is ready for any challenge with respect to the part of border that we guard," BSF chief Subhash Joshi told a news agency here.
The Border Security Force (BSF) guards 2,289 km of the International Border (IB) along Pakistan.
Today`s attack took place along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district when Pakistanis came about 100 metres into Indian territory and assaulted the patrol party. Besides killing two Lance Naiks, Hemraj and Sudhakar Singh, they injured two other soldiers.
The BSF had also detected a 400-meter long tunnel in Jammu and Kashmir`s Samba sector in July last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble