BSF on alert along Indo-Pak border: DG
New Delhi: The BSF is on "alert" and ready to thwart any attempt along the Indo-Pakistan border in the wake of the incident where Pakistani troops crossed into Indian territory and ambushed an Army patrol party killing two soldiers.
"We are on alert. The force is ready for any challenge with respect to the part of border that we guard," BSF chief Subhash Joshi told a news agency here.
The Border Security Force (BSF) guards 2,289 km of the International Border (IB) along Pakistan.
Today`s attack took place along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district when Pakistanis came about 100 metres into Indian territory and assaulted the patrol party. Besides killing two Lance Naiks, Hemraj and Sudhakar Singh, they injured two other soldiers.
The BSF had also detected a 400-meter long tunnel in Jammu and Kashmir`s Samba sector in July last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!