BSF opens fire near Jammu border
Jammu: Indian border guards on Wednesday morning opened fire after noticing "suspicious movement of two people near the fence" along the international border with Pakistan in Jammu and Kashmir, informed sources said.
The firing from the Balad post of the Border Security Force (BSF) in Ramgarh sector lasted for 15 minutes and searches were launched in the area, about 40 km southwest of Jammu.
"The vigil has been heightened because there are credible reports that there are 150-200 terrorists waiting to make it to this side of the border from across," the sources said.
He said there are fears that infiltrators would make attempts to breach the fence and sneak into Indian territory to disrupt in the annual Amarnath pilgrimage, which started from here on Tuesday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India