BSF puts troops on alert following Kasab`s hanging
Jalandhar: BSF authorities in Punjab today issued a general alert along the border with Pakistan after the execution of Ajmal Kasab this morning for his role in the 26/11 terror attack on Mumbai.
Inspector General of BSF, Aditya Mishra said, "We have put our forces along the border with Pakistan on a general alert following Kasab`s execution. Troops have been directed to stay alert."
25-year-old Kasab, the sole surviving Pakistani gunman, was hanged to death at the Yerawada central prison in Pune this morning at 7:30 AM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?