BSF puts troops on alert following Kasab`s hanging
Jalandhar: BSF authorities in Punjab today issued a general alert along the border with Pakistan after the execution of Ajmal Kasab this morning for his role in the 26/11 terror attack on Mumbai.
Inspector General of BSF, Aditya Mishra said, "We have put our forces along the border with Pakistan on a general alert following Kasab`s execution. Troops have been directed to stay alert."
25-year-old Kasab, the sole surviving Pakistani gunman, was hanged to death at the Yerawada central prison in Pune this morning at 7:30 AM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Awwdorable: Vivek Dahiya singing 'Lag Ja Gale' to Divyanka Tripathi will melt your heart – Watch
- Here's PV Sindhu's REPLY to Telangana deputy CM who offered her a 'better coach' than Pullela Gopichand
- When Smriti Irani was denied cabin crew job for 'lack of good personality' - Know Details
- Health Ministry to start awareness campaign on dengue, chikungunya