BSF recovers 18 hand-grenades in Punjab fields
Ferozepur: The troopers of the Border Security Force (BSF) recovered 18 hand-grenades from the fields of Rampur village in Punjab`s Ferozepur district, bordering Pakistan, officials said here Tuesday.
"We received a complaint from Surinder Singh, a farmer, who found a grenade while working in his fields. We launched a search operation and found 17 more grenades Monday," a BSF official said.
"We have handed over these grenades to the local police. Besides, we have also increased our patrolling near the border in this area," the official said.
The village is situated near Fazilka town in Ferozepur, around 250 km from here.
"The explosives have been taken into possession and police are raiding various places in the nearby areas to nab the persons concerned. The help of forensic experts and sniffer dogs is being taken," Fazilka Deputy Superintendent of Police Karamjit Singh said.
During the last few months, Punjab police have arrested at least 20 terrorists and recovered explosives from various parts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi