BSF recovers 18 hand-grenades in Punjab fields
Ferozepur: The troopers of the Border Security Force (BSF) recovered 18 hand-grenades from the fields of Rampur village in Punjab`s Ferozepur district, bordering Pakistan, officials said here Tuesday.
"We received a complaint from Surinder Singh, a farmer, who found a grenade while working in his fields. We launched a search operation and found 17 more grenades Monday," a BSF official said.
"We have handed over these grenades to the local police. Besides, we have also increased our patrolling near the border in this area," the official said.
The village is situated near Fazilka town in Ferozepur, around 250 km from here.
"The explosives have been taken into possession and police are raiding various places in the nearby areas to nab the persons concerned. The help of forensic experts and sniffer dogs is being taken," Fazilka Deputy Superintendent of Police Karamjit Singh said.
During the last few months, Punjab police have arrested at least 20 terrorists and recovered explosives from various parts of the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis