BSF recovers 18 hand-grenades in Punjab fields
Ferozepur: The troopers of the Border Security Force (BSF) recovered 18 hand-grenades from the fields of Rampur village in Punjab`s Ferozepur district, bordering Pakistan, officials said here Tuesday.
"We received a complaint from Surinder Singh, a farmer, who found a grenade while working in his fields. We launched a search operation and found 17 more grenades Monday," a BSF official said.
"We have handed over these grenades to the local police. Besides, we have also increased our patrolling near the border in this area," the official said.
The village is situated near Fazilka town in Ferozepur, around 250 km from here.
"The explosives have been taken into possession and police are raiding various places in the nearby areas to nab the persons concerned. The help of forensic experts and sniffer dogs is being taken," Fazilka Deputy Superintendent of Police Karamjit Singh said.
During the last few months, Punjab police have arrested at least 20 terrorists and recovered explosives from various parts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster