BSF rules out infiltration, breach of fence along IB in Jammu
Phadpur: Asserting that multi-layered security has been put in place to prevent militants sneaking across the International Border, the BSF on Friday ruled out any infiltration or breach of fencing in Jammu.
"There is no infiltration of militants or breach of border fencing along IB in Jammu frontier -- There was no such truth in reports of infiltration (as projected in media yesterday)," DIG BSF, Virender Singh told reporters here.
There was an alert by a Intelligence Agency about possibility of infiltration of terrorists sitting across the borderline along the IB, but it was mistaken that the militants managed to sneak across the border, which is not so, he said.
"Multi-layers security set up has been put in place along IB particular in sensitive riverine areas -- The infiltration is almost impossible", he said while pointing to the security tiers along the borderline.
Terming the moral of the troops high, he said that our troops have been `24X7 alert` along the borderline to ensure that no infiltration takes places even as there are inputs coming about such attempts.
A section of media had reported about the infiltration of group of four militants and police and Special Operation group conducted search operation amid alert in police station areas along IB in Ramgarh sector of Samba district yesterday.
The winter strategy has been put in the place to deal with situation in wake of apprehension of the increased attempts of cross border infiltration, Singh said, adding special steps are taken every year as winter approaches.
Special equipments based on sensor and sound bases are used to pick up any suspicious movement amid alarm system and electrification of fencing, he said.
"Our jawans are undertaking their jobs of border guarding with utmost dedication and in tough conditions", he said.
The BSF will raise a 10-metre high embankment along International Border in Jammu frontier to secure people living in border belts from Pakistan firing.
He said the embankment will be 135 feet wide and 10 metre high from Akhnoor Sector to Kathua.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Sarbananda Sonowal takes charge as Assam’s first BJP CM, PM Modi attends his swearing-in
- Desperate times, desperate measures! Parineeti Chopra's make-up ain’t gonna stop – See pic
- IPL 9 VIDEO: When Shikhar Dhawan, Yuvraj Singh became Gabbar and taxi driver
- First Talgo train trial on Bareilly-Moradabad rail route on May 29
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against AAP, BJP over Delhi power crisis