BSF rules out infiltration, breach of fence along IB in Jammu
Phadpur: Asserting that multi-layered security has been put in place to prevent militants sneaking across the International Border, the BSF on Friday ruled out any infiltration or breach of fencing in Jammu.
"There is no infiltration of militants or breach of border fencing along IB in Jammu frontier -- There was no such truth in reports of infiltration (as projected in media yesterday)," DIG BSF, Virender Singh told reporters here.
There was an alert by a Intelligence Agency about possibility of infiltration of terrorists sitting across the borderline along the IB, but it was mistaken that the militants managed to sneak across the border, which is not so, he said.
"Multi-layers security set up has been put in place along IB particular in sensitive riverine areas -- The infiltration is almost impossible", he said while pointing to the security tiers along the borderline.
Terming the moral of the troops high, he said that our troops have been `24X7 alert` along the borderline to ensure that no infiltration takes places even as there are inputs coming about such attempts.
A section of media had reported about the infiltration of group of four militants and police and Special Operation group conducted search operation amid alert in police station areas along IB in Ramgarh sector of Samba district yesterday.
The winter strategy has been put in the place to deal with situation in wake of apprehension of the increased attempts of cross border infiltration, Singh said, adding special steps are taken every year as winter approaches.
Special equipments based on sensor and sound bases are used to pick up any suspicious movement amid alarm system and electrification of fencing, he said.
"Our jawans are undertaking their jobs of border guarding with utmost dedication and in tough conditions", he said.
The BSF will raise a 10-metre high embankment along International Border in Jammu frontier to secure people living in border belts from Pakistan firing.
He said the embankment will be 135 feet wide and 10 metre high from Akhnoor Sector to Kathua.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming