BSF seizes arms, ammunition near Indo-Pak border
Ferozepur: The Border Security Force (BSF) has seized a huge cache of arms and ammunition near the India-Pakistan border in Ferozepur, Punjab.
Commander CH Sethura said suspicious movement of two people earlier on Friday night had triggered a search operation in the area.
“In the new Gajniwala area, around 2 am at night, movement of two suspected people was seen in the area. So we kept the area under watch for the whole night and then searched it in the morning.”
“While searching we found a bag hidden in a hut. We found five pistols, nine magazines and some rounds of ammunition in the bag. We had been getting continuous information about such activities for some time now, so we were alert and could find the ammunition,” he added.
Sethura said that the arms and ammunition seized are suspected to be from Pakistan and China.
India shares a fragile relationship with Pakistan and Pakistani infiltrators carrying out illegal activities, in the border areas have been a continuous problem for India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs