BSF seizes arms, ammunition near Indo-Pak border
Ferozepur: The Border Security Force (BSF) has seized a huge cache of arms and ammunition near the India-Pakistan border in Ferozepur, Punjab.
Commander CH Sethura said suspicious movement of two people earlier on Friday night had triggered a search operation in the area.
“In the new Gajniwala area, around 2 am at night, movement of two suspected people was seen in the area. So we kept the area under watch for the whole night and then searched it in the morning.”
“While searching we found a bag hidden in a hut. We found five pistols, nine magazines and some rounds of ammunition in the bag. We had been getting continuous information about such activities for some time now, so we were alert and could find the ammunition,” he added.
Sethura said that the arms and ammunition seized are suspected to be from Pakistan and China.
India shares a fragile relationship with Pakistan and Pakistani infiltrators carrying out illegal activities, in the border areas have been a continuous problem for India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India