BSF seizes arms, ammunition near Indo-Pak border
Ferozepur: The Border Security Force (BSF) has seized a huge cache of arms and ammunition near the India-Pakistan border in Ferozepur, Punjab.
Commander CH Sethura said suspicious movement of two people earlier on Friday night had triggered a search operation in the area.
“In the new Gajniwala area, around 2 am at night, movement of two suspected people was seen in the area. So we kept the area under watch for the whole night and then searched it in the morning.”
“While searching we found a bag hidden in a hut. We found five pistols, nine magazines and some rounds of ammunition in the bag. We had been getting continuous information about such activities for some time now, so we were alert and could find the ammunition,” he added.
Sethura said that the arms and ammunition seized are suspected to be from Pakistan and China.
India shares a fragile relationship with Pakistan and Pakistani infiltrators carrying out illegal activities, in the border areas have been a continuous problem for India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday