BSF shoot dead intruder trying to enter India
Jammu: Indian border guards on Friday morning shot dead a suspected intruder trying to sneak into Indian territory from across the international border in Jammu region of Jammu and Kashmir even as Pakistani forces also opened fire, Defence sources said.
Border Security Force (BSF) troopers noticed suspicious movement in Pargwal sector along the international border, 40 km northwest of Jammu, at 4.15 am. On being challenged, the intruders fired at the BSF personnel manning the Rapura post in the area, sources said.
Pakistani Rangers manning the border on the other side also opened fire, which was apparently to provide cover fire to the intruders, the sources said, adding that the BSF retaliated.
The exchange of fire lasted for about half-an-hour. One intruder was killed, the source said.
The BSF is conducting searches in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!