BSF shoot dead intruder trying to enter India
Jammu: Indian border guards on Friday morning shot dead a suspected intruder trying to sneak into Indian territory from across the international border in Jammu region of Jammu and Kashmir even as Pakistani forces also opened fire, Defence sources said.
Border Security Force (BSF) troopers noticed suspicious movement in Pargwal sector along the international border, 40 km northwest of Jammu, at 4.15 am. On being challenged, the intruders fired at the BSF personnel manning the Rapura post in the area, sources said.
Pakistani Rangers manning the border on the other side also opened fire, which was apparently to provide cover fire to the intruders, the sources said, adding that the BSF retaliated.
The exchange of fire lasted for about half-an-hour. One intruder was killed, the source said.
The BSF is conducting searches in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love