BSF suspends eight personnel after video surfaces
New Delhi: The BSF has suspended eight jawans after a video, showing a man being stripped, kicked and beaten in West Bengal`s Murshidabad district along the Indo-Bangla border, was aired on Wednesday on some channels.
The about 5-minute video, whose source and authenticity
could not be identified immediately, shows three to four
personnel donning BSF-style dark green fatigues beating up a
man and tying him with sticks.
By late evening, the BSF suspended eight personnel.
The suspended personnel have been identified as
Constables Virender Tiwari, V S Victor, Dhananjay Kumar, Anand
Singh, Amar Jyoti, Sanjeev Kumar, Suresh Chand and Sunil
"The eight personnel have been identified and suspended
pending inquiry," Deputy Inspector General (DIG) at BSF
headquarters here, Vikas Chandra, said.
"A news video clipping showing violent and illegal
conduct by three-four men in uniform in the area of
Murshidabad, West Bengal has been taken note of by BSF
headquarters. A detailed staff court-of-inquiry has been
ordered to fix responsibility and take action under BSF Act
and rules for this misconduct," BSF PRO T Acharya said here.
Acharya added that the Commandant of 105 battalion, to
which the suspended personnel belong, has been asked to
immediately visit the spot and ascertain full details
of the incident.
According to reports, the person shown being beaten up in
the video is suspected to be a Bangladeshi national and was
reportedly indulging in cow smuggling along the Indo-Bangla
border which runs along Murshidabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Bitter boxer Manoj Kumar appeals for PM's intervention to clear Indian boxing mess
- Finance Ministry recommends CBI probe into 80 kg of missing gold from IGI Airport
- Hotel rooms are so mainstream! Rent a vacation home this time
- Sporting Lisbon's Joao Mario completes record EUR 45-million move to Inter Milan
- Top seven cos take cumulative hit of Rs 29,907 cr in m-cap