BSF suspends eight personnel after video surfaces
New Delhi: The BSF has suspended eight jawans after a video, showing a man being stripped, kicked and beaten in West Bengal`s Murshidabad district along the Indo-Bangla border, was aired on Wednesday on some channels.
The about 5-minute video, whose source and authenticity
could not be identified immediately, shows three to four
personnel donning BSF-style dark green fatigues beating up a
man and tying him with sticks.
By late evening, the BSF suspended eight personnel.
The suspended personnel have been identified as
Constables Virender Tiwari, V S Victor, Dhananjay Kumar, Anand
Singh, Amar Jyoti, Sanjeev Kumar, Suresh Chand and Sunil
"The eight personnel have been identified and suspended
pending inquiry," Deputy Inspector General (DIG) at BSF
headquarters here, Vikas Chandra, said.
"A news video clipping showing violent and illegal
conduct by three-four men in uniform in the area of
Murshidabad, West Bengal has been taken note of by BSF
headquarters. A detailed staff court-of-inquiry has been
ordered to fix responsibility and take action under BSF Act
and rules for this misconduct," BSF PRO T Acharya said here.
Acharya added that the Commandant of 105 battalion, to
which the suspended personnel belong, has been asked to
immediately visit the spot and ascertain full details
of the incident.
According to reports, the person shown being beaten up in
the video is suspected to be a Bangladeshi national and was
reportedly indulging in cow smuggling along the Indo-Bangla
border which runs along Murshidabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP