BSF trooper killed on India-Pakistan border
Jammu: A Border Security Force (BSF) trooper, deployed on the India-Pakistan border in Jammu and Kashmir, was killed in cross-border firing on Saturday, BSF sources said.
The trooper was killed in heavy firing from the Pakistani side on the Indian post of Budwar in Ranbirsingh Pura sector, 30 km west of Jammu, late Saturday evening, the sources said.
The trooper has been identified as Jai Kishan of BSF`s 193 Battalion.
The BSF has lodged a strong protest with Pakistan and sought a flag meeting to discuss the issue of firing, the sources said.
This is the first incident of cross-border firing on the international border this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley