BSF trooper killed on India-Pakistan border
Jammu: A Border Security Force (BSF) trooper, deployed on the India-Pakistan border in Jammu and Kashmir, was killed in cross-border firing on Saturday, BSF sources said.
The trooper was killed in heavy firing from the Pakistani side on the Indian post of Budwar in Ranbirsingh Pura sector, 30 km west of Jammu, late Saturday evening, the sources said.
The trooper has been identified as Jai Kishan of BSF`s 193 Battalion.
The BSF has lodged a strong protest with Pakistan and sought a flag meeting to discuss the issue of firing, the sources said.
This is the first incident of cross-border firing on the international border this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!