BSF trooper killed on India-Pakistan border
Jammu: A Border Security Force (BSF) trooper, deployed on the India-Pakistan border in Jammu and Kashmir, was killed in cross-border firing on Saturday, BSF sources said.
The trooper was killed in heavy firing from the Pakistani side on the Indian post of Budwar in Ranbirsingh Pura sector, 30 km west of Jammu, late Saturday evening, the sources said.
The trooper has been identified as Jai Kishan of BSF`s 193 Battalion.
The BSF has lodged a strong protest with Pakistan and sought a flag meeting to discuss the issue of firing, the sources said.
This is the first incident of cross-border firing on the international border this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown