BSF trooper killed on India-Pakistan border
Jammu: A Border Security Force (BSF) trooper, deployed on the India-Pakistan border in Jammu and Kashmir, was killed in cross-border firing on Saturday, BSF sources said.
The trooper was killed in heavy firing from the Pakistani side on the Indian post of Budwar in Ranbirsingh Pura sector, 30 km west of Jammu, late Saturday evening, the sources said.
The trooper has been identified as Jai Kishan of BSF`s 193 Battalion.
The BSF has lodged a strong protest with Pakistan and sought a flag meeting to discuss the issue of firing, the sources said.
This is the first incident of cross-border firing on the international border this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway