BSF trooper killed on India-Pakistan border
Jammu: A Border Security Force (BSF) trooper, deployed on the India-Pakistan border in Jammu and Kashmir, was killed in cross-border firing on Saturday, BSF sources said.
The trooper was killed in heavy firing from the Pakistani side on the Indian post of Budwar in Ranbirsingh Pura sector, 30 km west of Jammu, late Saturday evening, the sources said.
The trooper has been identified as Jai Kishan of BSF`s 193 Battalion.
The BSF has lodged a strong protest with Pakistan and sought a flag meeting to discuss the issue of firing, the sources said.
This is the first incident of cross-border firing on the international border this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list