BSF trooper sets himself on fire, dies
Lucknow: A Border Security Force (BSF) trooper posted in Haryana burnt himself to death in Uttar Pradesh`s Saharanpur district, police said on Monday.
Rakesh Kumar, who was around 40 years old, set himself on fire late Sunday inside his house in Chandrapalkhedi village," police inspector BR Verma told reporters in Saharanpur, some 450 km from Lucknow.
"Rakesh set himself on fire while he was alone at home. After noticing the smoke emanating from the house, locals rushed to the spot and found the charred body of Rakesh lying in one corner," Verma said.
"We are yet to ascertain what made Rakesh take the extreme step. Preliminary investigations reveal Rakesh was not well for the last few days. He was in depression and preferred remaining aloof from his family members," the official added.
Kumar came to his native Chandrapalkhedi village around two weeks back from Hisar, where he was posted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today
- PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog meet today, review 15-year vision plan