BSF trooper sets himself on fire, dies
Lucknow: A Border Security Force (BSF) trooper posted in Haryana burnt himself to death in Uttar Pradesh`s Saharanpur district, police said on Monday.
Rakesh Kumar, who was around 40 years old, set himself on fire late Sunday inside his house in Chandrapalkhedi village," police inspector BR Verma told reporters in Saharanpur, some 450 km from Lucknow.
"Rakesh set himself on fire while he was alone at home. After noticing the smoke emanating from the house, locals rushed to the spot and found the charred body of Rakesh lying in one corner," Verma said.
"We are yet to ascertain what made Rakesh take the extreme step. Preliminary investigations reveal Rakesh was not well for the last few days. He was in depression and preferred remaining aloof from his family members," the official added.
Kumar came to his native Chandrapalkhedi village around two weeks back from Hisar, where he was posted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today
- Baaghi tweet review: First day first show!
- EPF interest rate: Nationwide protest by trade unions today
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput get holiday vibes! See inside
- Priyanka Chopra's dinner date with 'Baywatch' cast! View in pic