BSF trooper sets himself on fire, dies
Lucknow: A Border Security Force (BSF) trooper posted in Haryana burnt himself to death in Uttar Pradesh`s Saharanpur district, police said on Monday.
Rakesh Kumar, who was around 40 years old, set himself on fire late Sunday inside his house in Chandrapalkhedi village," police inspector BR Verma told reporters in Saharanpur, some 450 km from Lucknow.
"Rakesh set himself on fire while he was alone at home. After noticing the smoke emanating from the house, locals rushed to the spot and found the charred body of Rakesh lying in one corner," Verma said.
"We are yet to ascertain what made Rakesh take the extreme step. Preliminary investigations reveal Rakesh was not well for the last few days. He was in depression and preferred remaining aloof from his family members," the official added.
Kumar came to his native Chandrapalkhedi village around two weeks back from Hisar, where he was posted.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India