BSF trooper sets himself on fire, dies
Lucknow: A Border Security Force (BSF) trooper posted in Haryana burnt himself to death in Uttar Pradesh`s Saharanpur district, police said on Monday.
Rakesh Kumar, who was around 40 years old, set himself on fire late Sunday inside his house in Chandrapalkhedi village," police inspector BR Verma told reporters in Saharanpur, some 450 km from Lucknow.
"Rakesh set himself on fire while he was alone at home. After noticing the smoke emanating from the house, locals rushed to the spot and found the charred body of Rakesh lying in one corner," Verma said.
"We are yet to ascertain what made Rakesh take the extreme step. Preliminary investigations reveal Rakesh was not well for the last few days. He was in depression and preferred remaining aloof from his family members," the official added.
Kumar came to his native Chandrapalkhedi village around two weeks back from Hisar, where he was posted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony