BSF warns Pak Rangers of "counter-action" at flag meeting
Jammu: Taking a tough stance over continued
firing, ceasefire violations and infiltration bids from across
the International Border, Border Security Force Wednesday warned
Pakistan Rangers of "counter-action".
BSF also lodged a strong protest over the fifth incident
of firing and infiltration bid on International Border at
Samba district of Jammu and Kashmir.
"A flag meeting was held with Pakistani rangers in
Ramgarh forward belt along IB today in connection with
yesterday`s cross-border firing and infiltration bid. We
registered a strong protest with them," Deputy Inspector
General BSF Frontier Jammu, G S Sagwan said.
A commandant level meeting was held at Ramgarh forward
Border Out Post (BOP) for an hour today.
"We have told them there would always be a counter-action
and counter-firing, if such incidents recur in future," he
Blaming Pakistani Rangers for supporting infiltration
bid, he said, "BSF officers have told their counterparts to
stop infiltration bids and cross-border firing, if they want
us not to open firing in such a situation."
The BSF DIG further said that Pakistani side showed their
ignorance to the incidents and denied their involvement as
they have doing it in the past. "But we have made it clear to
them, if such incidents are repeated, we will be forced to
open fire and take counter-measures," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!