BSF women guards kill intruder on Indo-Pak border
Chandigarh: A suspected Pakistani intruder was on Sunday shot dead by women constables of BSF near Dera Baba Nanak Sector of Punjab, while he was trying to sneak into the Indian territory.
"Two women BSF personnel of 74 Battalion noticed the movement nearby barbed wire on the border and they challenged the intruder to surrender as he was illegally trying to sneak into the Indian territory from the Pakistan side," DIG, BSF, P S Bains said.
The intruder ignored the signal of the BSF personnel after which he was killed in exchange of fire, Bains said.
Bains said that BSF recovered a mobile phone sim belonging to a Pakistan mobile operator, but his identity was yet to be ascertained.
The incident took place in Gurdaspur district at around 1330 hours.
The Border Security Force first started inducting women personnel in its rank in 2009 and has about 700 personnel at present who are deployed for such duties.
The women unit is also deployed along BSF`s other frontier --the Indo-Bangladesh border.
Meanwhile, BSF handed over the body to Dera Baba Nanak police, who brought it to civil hospital here for post mortem.
Police have registered a case in this connection.
On April 15 a Pakistan intruder was shot dead while he was trying to sneak into the Indian territory near Town Post in Dera Baba Nana Sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad