BSF`s protest over Pak ceasefire violation in J&K
Jammu: Border Security Force (BSF) today
lodged a strong protest with its Pakistani counterpart over
cross-border firing and ceasefire violations at a forward post
along Indo-Pak border in Samba district of Jammu and Kashmir.
"A flag meeting was called by the BSF at New S M Khora
Post along International Border (IB) and strong protest was
lodged with Pak Rangers over cross-border firing and ceasefire
violations yesterday," a senior BSF official told PTI.
The flag meeting was held at deputy commandant level, he
Pakistan Rangers had violated ceasefire by resorting to
small arms firing along IB on Khawara Border Out Post (BOP) in
Mawa belt of Samba district yesterday. However, no one was
injured or killed in the firing.
This is the fifth incident of ceasefire violation and
cross-border firing in past five days.
Pakistani troops had last violated the ceasefire on July
7 when they opened fire at the Chak Pagwari BOP in Pargwal in
On July 6, Pakistani troops fired at Pindi, Mala Bela and
Chak Phagwari border outpost around 2230 in which a BSF jawan,
K Hari Prasad, was killed and a villager, Roop Singh, injured.
Pakistani troops had also fired at the Chak Pagwari BOP
on July 5 and killed BSF trooper Sultan Ali. Pakistani troops
also fired at forward positions along the Line of Control in
Krishnagati area of Poonch sector on July 5 night, they said.
Earlier, Pakistani troops had also violated the ceasefire
last month when they fired at a forward outpost along the
International Border in Jammu on June 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India