BSF`s protest over Pak ceasefire violation in J&K
Jammu: Border Security Force (BSF) today
lodged a strong protest with its Pakistani counterpart over
cross-border firing and ceasefire violations at a forward post
along Indo-Pak border in Samba district of Jammu and Kashmir.
"A flag meeting was called by the BSF at New S M Khora
Post along International Border (IB) and strong protest was
lodged with Pak Rangers over cross-border firing and ceasefire
violations yesterday," a senior BSF official told PTI.
The flag meeting was held at deputy commandant level, he
Pakistan Rangers had violated ceasefire by resorting to
small arms firing along IB on Khawara Border Out Post (BOP) in
Mawa belt of Samba district yesterday. However, no one was
injured or killed in the firing.
This is the fifth incident of ceasefire violation and
cross-border firing in past five days.
Pakistani troops had last violated the ceasefire on July
7 when they opened fire at the Chak Pagwari BOP in Pargwal in
On July 6, Pakistani troops fired at Pindi, Mala Bela and
Chak Phagwari border outpost around 2230 in which a BSF jawan,
K Hari Prasad, was killed and a villager, Roop Singh, injured.
Pakistani troops had also fired at the Chak Pagwari BOP
on July 5 and killed BSF trooper Sultan Ali. Pakistani troops
also fired at forward positions along the Line of Control in
Krishnagati area of Poonch sector on July 5 night, they said.
Earlier, Pakistani troops had also violated the ceasefire
last month when they fired at a forward outpost along the
International Border in Jammu on June 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional