BSP chief Mayawati backs Lokpal Bill
New Delhi: BSP chief Mayawati on Friday said her party supports the Lokpal Bill and demanded that the government should ensure its passage in the ongoing session of Parliament.
"Our party is not against the Lokpal Bill. If there is any need for changes in it, it should be done in public interest. But this Bill should not be stalled and there should be a debate on the issue and it should be passed in this session itself," she told reporters outside Parliament House.
The BSP supremo was replying to a question on her party`s stand on the issue.
The Bill is scheduled to be discussed in Rajya Sabha today and is expected to come up for discussion in Lok Sabha next week.
JD(U) also supported the Bill with its spokesperson K C Tyagi saying, "The recommendations of the Select Committee on Lokpal were acceptable to all and we are in favour of an effective Lokpal and want it to be cleared. There should be proper debate on the issue."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug