BSP govt issuing new slaughter house licences: BJP
Lucknow: Alleging that the BSP government
was issuing new slaughter house licences, the BJP today said
as a result the population of cattle and livestock has "come
down drastically" in Uttar Pradesh.
"The state government has done some deal with
slaughter house owners and is issuing new licences due to
which the population of livestock in the state has come down
drastically. Cows are being illegally slaughtered," BJP
spokesman and MLC Hriday Narain Dixit told reporters here
Due to appeasement policy of BSP, no action has been
taken against those slaughtering cows, he alleged.
"Though slaughtering of cow is banned and the animal
is worshipped by Hindus, the menace of cow slaughtering has
increased in the BSP regime," he said, adding that the party
would protest issuance of new licenses to slaughter houses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Cancer: Early warning signs you shouldn't ignore!