BSP govt issuing new slaughter house licences: BJP
Lucknow: Alleging that the BSP government
was issuing new slaughter house licences, the BJP today said
as a result the population of cattle and livestock has "come
down drastically" in Uttar Pradesh.
"The state government has done some deal with
slaughter house owners and is issuing new licences due to
which the population of livestock in the state has come down
drastically. Cows are being illegally slaughtered," BJP
spokesman and MLC Hriday Narain Dixit told reporters here
Due to appeasement policy of BSP, no action has been
taken against those slaughtering cows, he alleged.
"Though slaughtering of cow is banned and the animal
is worshipped by Hindus, the menace of cow slaughtering has
increased in the BSP regime," he said, adding that the party
would protest issuance of new licenses to slaughter houses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- 'Sarbjit' eyeing on Oscars, confirms producer
- Excessive childbirth fear can lead to post-partum depression
- Indian Sports Fraternity on Lionel Messi's decision to quit Argentina. See their reaction on Twitter!
- Formula 1: Bernie Ecclestone planning to scrap 'unequal' prize money structure
- Top Chinese envoy visits Vietnam as South China Sea tension rises