BSP govt issuing new slaughter house licences: BJP
Lucknow: Alleging that the BSP government
was issuing new slaughter house licences, the BJP today said
as a result the population of cattle and livestock has "come
down drastically" in Uttar Pradesh.
"The state government has done some deal with
slaughter house owners and is issuing new licences due to
which the population of livestock in the state has come down
drastically. Cows are being illegally slaughtered," BJP
spokesman and MLC Hriday Narain Dixit told reporters here
Due to appeasement policy of BSP, no action has been
taken against those slaughtering cows, he alleged.
"Though slaughtering of cow is banned and the animal
is worshipped by Hindus, the menace of cow slaughtering has
increased in the BSP regime," he said, adding that the party
would protest issuance of new licenses to slaughter houses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed