BSP govt responsible for riots in Bareilly: Katiyar
Lucknow: Holding the BSP government in
Uttar Pradesh responsible for the riots in Bareilly,
newly-appointed BJP vice-president Vijay Katiyar today alleged
it proved "a complete failure" in controlling the disturbances
despite curfew being imposed in the town.
"Though a case was registered and the accused
arrested, he was let off," Katiyar said, referring to the
arrest of Muslim cleric Tauqir Raza Khan.
Under the BSP government "innocents are being targeted
while the rioters are moving about freely," he alleged.
Attacking the UPA government at the Centre, he alleged
it was giving importance to vote-bank politics over internal
"The Union government is soft on terrorism and shying
away from taking firm action against it," Katiyar told
On the recent visit of Congress leader Digvijay Singh
to Azamgarh, Katiyar alleged that it was only vote-bank
appeasement policy which guided him to Sanjarpur recently.
"What is the relevance of his raising demands on
Azamgarh youth and their trial?" he asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble