BSP govt responsible for riots in Bareilly: Katiyar
Lucknow: Holding the BSP government in
Uttar Pradesh responsible for the riots in Bareilly,
newly-appointed BJP vice-president Vijay Katiyar today alleged
it proved "a complete failure" in controlling the disturbances
despite curfew being imposed in the town.
"Though a case was registered and the accused
arrested, he was let off," Katiyar said, referring to the
arrest of Muslim cleric Tauqir Raza Khan.
Under the BSP government "innocents are being targeted
while the rioters are moving about freely," he alleged.
Attacking the UPA government at the Centre, he alleged
it was giving importance to vote-bank politics over internal
"The Union government is soft on terrorism and shying
away from taking firm action against it," Katiyar told
On the recent visit of Congress leader Digvijay Singh
to Azamgarh, Katiyar alleged that it was only vote-bank
appeasement policy which guided him to Sanjarpur recently.
"What is the relevance of his raising demands on
Azamgarh youth and their trial?" he asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you