BSP govt responsible for riots in Bareilly: Katiyar
Lucknow: Holding the BSP government in
Uttar Pradesh responsible for the riots in Bareilly,
newly-appointed BJP vice-president Vijay Katiyar today alleged
it proved "a complete failure" in controlling the disturbances
despite curfew being imposed in the town.
"Though a case was registered and the accused
arrested, he was let off," Katiyar said, referring to the
arrest of Muslim cleric Tauqir Raza Khan.
Under the BSP government "innocents are being targeted
while the rioters are moving about freely," he alleged.
Attacking the UPA government at the Centre, he alleged
it was giving importance to vote-bank politics over internal
"The Union government is soft on terrorism and shying
away from taking firm action against it," Katiyar told
On the recent visit of Congress leader Digvijay Singh
to Azamgarh, Katiyar alleged that it was only vote-bank
appeasement policy which guided him to Sanjarpur recently.
"What is the relevance of his raising demands on
Azamgarh youth and their trial?" he asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Freeze frame! ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth strikes a pose with son-in-law Dhanush
- Waterlogging in Gurgaon hits Dehi-Jaipur route
- Hillary Clinton says Donald Trump wants US to `fear the future`
- Look what Karisma Kapoor has to say about sister Kareena Kapoor Khan’s baby
- Libya forces `retake` Benghazi district from jihadists