BSP govt responsible for riots in Bareilly: Katiyar
Lucknow: Holding the BSP government in
Uttar Pradesh responsible for the riots in Bareilly,
newly-appointed BJP vice-president Vijay Katiyar today alleged
it proved "a complete failure" in controlling the disturbances
despite curfew being imposed in the town.
"Though a case was registered and the accused
arrested, he was let off," Katiyar said, referring to the
arrest of Muslim cleric Tauqir Raza Khan.
Under the BSP government "innocents are being targeted
while the rioters are moving about freely," he alleged.
Attacking the UPA government at the Centre, he alleged
it was giving importance to vote-bank politics over internal
"The Union government is soft on terrorism and shying
away from taking firm action against it," Katiyar told
On the recent visit of Congress leader Digvijay Singh
to Azamgarh, Katiyar alleged that it was only vote-bank
appeasement policy which guided him to Sanjarpur recently.
"What is the relevance of his raising demands on
Azamgarh youth and their trial?" he asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 9: AB de Villiers recalls 'the gamble' that paid off vs Gujarat Lions during 79-run knock
- Good news! Students can fly cheap on GoAir; carry up to 25 kg of baggage!
- 'Sultan' is Salman Khan's best performance: Randeep Hooda
- Was intimidated by Amit Trivedi: 'Baby Doll' singer Kanika Kapoor
- Summer skincare: Pamper your skin with these natural ingredients!