BSP MLA held for attacking UP Cong chief``s house
Lucknow: Controversial BSP MLA Jitendra Singh Babloo along with another party leader Intizar Ahmad Abdi were on Thursday arrested in connection with arson at UP Congress chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi`s residence two years back.
Singh, who represents Bikapur constituency in Faizabad, and Abdi, chairman of Ganna Sanstha having minister of state status, were picked up by the CB-CID late evening and handed over to Hussainganj police, where a case was lodged, official sources said here.
Joshi`s house, located in high-security zone here, was vandalised and torched on the night of July 15, 2009 after her alleged remarks against UP Chief Minister Mayawati.
Later a complaint was lodged by the Congress naming the MLA, Abdi and few others.
While the Congress alleged that the arson was government-sponsored and demanded a CBI inquiry, the state government ordered a CB-CID probe into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!