BSP MLA held for attacking UP Cong chief``s house
Lucknow: Controversial BSP MLA Jitendra Singh Babloo along with another party leader Intizar Ahmad Abdi were on Thursday arrested in connection with arson at UP Congress chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi`s residence two years back.
Singh, who represents Bikapur constituency in Faizabad, and Abdi, chairman of Ganna Sanstha having minister of state status, were picked up by the CB-CID late evening and handed over to Hussainganj police, where a case was lodged, official sources said here.
Joshi`s house, located in high-security zone here, was vandalised and torched on the night of July 15, 2009 after her alleged remarks against UP Chief Minister Mayawati.
Later a complaint was lodged by the Congress naming the MLA, Abdi and few others.
While the Congress alleged that the arson was government-sponsored and demanded a CBI inquiry, the state government ordered a CB-CID probe into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state