BSP MLA nailed in Banda rape case
Lucknow: A preliminary inquiry by the CB-CID into the Banda rape case has found that BSP MLA Purushottam Naresh Dwiwedi had raped the teenager and framed her in a false theft case, official sources said here Tuesday.
"The CB-CID, which was asked to probe the matter by Chief Minister Mayawati, has completed a preliminary inquiry and is ready with its report," a senior official told reporters.
During preliminary inquiry, it was found that the 17-year-old girl was not only raped by the MLA, but was also framed in a false theft case, the sources said.
The CB-CID team from Allahabad, which is probing the incident, has recorded statements of more that a dozen persons, they said.
The agency has also raised fingers on the role of the Banda Police, which lodged a theft case against the girl and sent her to jail, the sources said.
The girl, who appeared before civil judge junior division Ravi Kumar Gupta yesterday, alleged in her statement that Dwiwedi raped her twice while his aides teased her, prosecution sources said.
After recording the girl`s statement, the court ordered the Superintendent of Police Banda to take immediate legal action.
She alleged that no action was taken against Dwiwedi as police was conniving with the MLA and his aides.
The girl had given a similar statement to the three member team of National Commission of Women, which visited Banda yesterday.
"From whatever the girl has told the team it seems that atrocity was committed against her and the administration committed laxity in ensuring justice," team member Sarla Arya had told reporters.
She said the girl told the team that Superintendent of Police Anil Das "pressurised" her to change her statement and despite her resistance took her thumb impression on a blank paper.
"In her statement, the girl has repeated allegations of rape and molestation against the BSP MLA and his aides," Arya said.
The BSP has suspended Trivedi from the party till the findings of the inquiry report was not received.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference