BSP MPs meet PM for early nod to airport in G-Noida
New Delhi: BSP MPs today met Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh here to demand early approval to the Jevar
airport in Greater Noida and supply of coal linkages to Uttar
Pradesh government`s power plants to meet energy needs.
After their half-hour meeting with Singh in Parliament
House, BSP leader in the Rajya Sabha S C Mishra told reporters
that the airport would benefit the areas from Noida to Agra,
apart from improving international tourism in the state.
Mishra said the proposal for the airport was pending for
the last seven years and it was with the Group of Ministers on
Aviation for the last three years despite the UP government
agreeing to conditions laid down by private players operating
the Delhi airport.
He said the Prime Minister assured the BSP MPs that the
GoM would soon meet to take a decision on the airport
Mishra said the UP government had started its own power
projects under which a 5,000 MW plant and a 22,000 MW plant
would come up during the 11th and 12th Plan periods to meet
the electricity demands of the state.
Though the Centre had not announced any power projects for
UP, the State government had gone ahead on its own to start
the projects, but no coal linkages were allowed by the Centre
for these projects, thereby hampering the plans. "This is a
discrimination against the state`s people," he said.
He said the Prime Minister had agreed to examine the issue
and find a solution soon.
Mishra said the BSP MPs also pressed for the Rs 80,000
crore special economic package for Uttar Pradesh, apart from
the Rs 3,000 crore promised for the Bundelkhand region, which
had not been released yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth