BSP supports Pranab as Prez: Mayawati
New Delhi: With UPA naming Pranab Mukherjee as their Presidential candidate, the Bahujan Samaj Party too came out on Friday pledging its support to the candidature Finance Minister.
Addressing a press conference, BSP supremo said, “We have decided to support the candidature of Shri Pranab Mukherjee. Our party is totally behind the Finance Minister.” The Prime Minister and Sonia Gandhi called me up and I told them that we are with them on the name of Pranab,” she added.
At the same time Mayawati did not miss the opportunity to criticise the policies of the UPA government. “I must add that we do not agree with the government at the Centre on the issue of policy paralysis, price rise and economic crisis.”
Even though we do not agree with the the policies with of the UPA, we will support their Presidential candidate. Remaining outside the coalition at the Centre, we support their choice for the President.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS