BSP supports Pranab as Prez: Mayawati
New Delhi: With UPA naming Pranab Mukherjee as their Presidential candidate, the Bahujan Samaj Party too came out on Friday pledging its support to the candidature Finance Minister.
Addressing a press conference, BSP supremo said, “We have decided to support the candidature of Shri Pranab Mukherjee. Our party is totally behind the Finance Minister.” The Prime Minister and Sonia Gandhi called me up and I told them that we are with them on the name of Pranab,” she added.
At the same time Mayawati did not miss the opportunity to criticise the policies of the UPA government. “I must add that we do not agree with the government at the Centre on the issue of policy paralysis, price rise and economic crisis.”
Even though we do not agree with the the policies with of the UPA, we will support their Presidential candidate. Remaining outside the coalition at the Centre, we support their choice for the President.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state