BSP supports Pranab as Prez: Mayawati
New Delhi: With UPA naming Pranab Mukherjee as their Presidential candidate, the Bahujan Samaj Party too came out on Friday pledging its support to the candidature Finance Minister.
Addressing a press conference, BSP supremo said, “We have decided to support the candidature of Shri Pranab Mukherjee. Our party is totally behind the Finance Minister.” The Prime Minister and Sonia Gandhi called me up and I told them that we are with them on the name of Pranab,” she added.
At the same time Mayawati did not miss the opportunity to criticise the policies of the UPA government. “I must add that we do not agree with the government at the Centre on the issue of policy paralysis, price rise and economic crisis.”
Even though we do not agree with the the policies with of the UPA, we will support their Presidential candidate. Remaining outside the coalition at the Centre, we support their choice for the President.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III