BSP to continue extending outside support to govt: Maya
New Delhi: Amid political crisis in the wake of DMK pulling out of UPA, BSP today said it will continue to support the government from outside but will not join it.
"We will not be part of the government. We did not join it earlier and even now, we will not be part of it. We will continue to support it from outside," BSP supremo Mayawati told reporters outside Parliament House.
She was asked whether BSP will join the government after the exit of DMK.
"Let me make it clear that we do not support the anti- dalit policies of UPA and there are several issues on which we do not support UPA but despite that, we extend support to it from outside to weaken the communal forces," Mayawati said.
She said BSP was not supporting UPA for any benefit as was being alleged by some parties in NDA fold.
"No one can point fingers at us on this issue. We are not giving outside support to UPA for any greed. Some opposition parties belonging to NDA keep saying that Congress is using the CBI and BSP is supporting it because of it. This is totally wrong," the BSP chief said.
She refused to comment on Union Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma`s allegation that SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav was getting commission to support UPA.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane