BSP to continue extending outside support to govt: Maya
New Delhi: Amid political crisis in the wake of DMK pulling out of UPA, BSP today said it will continue to support the government from outside but will not join it.
"We will not be part of the government. We did not join it earlier and even now, we will not be part of it. We will continue to support it from outside," BSP supremo Mayawati told reporters outside Parliament House.
She was asked whether BSP will join the government after the exit of DMK.
"Let me make it clear that we do not support the anti- dalit policies of UPA and there are several issues on which we do not support UPA but despite that, we extend support to it from outside to weaken the communal forces," Mayawati said.
She said BSP was not supporting UPA for any benefit as was being alleged by some parties in NDA fold.
"No one can point fingers at us on this issue. We are not giving outside support to UPA for any greed. Some opposition parties belonging to NDA keep saying that Congress is using the CBI and BSP is supporting it because of it. This is totally wrong," the BSP chief said.
She refused to comment on Union Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma`s allegation that SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav was getting commission to support UPA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack