BSP to continue extending outside support to govt: Maya
New Delhi: Amid political crisis in the wake of DMK pulling out of UPA, BSP today said it will continue to support the government from outside but will not join it.
"We will not be part of the government. We did not join it earlier and even now, we will not be part of it. We will continue to support it from outside," BSP supremo Mayawati told reporters outside Parliament House.
She was asked whether BSP will join the government after the exit of DMK.
"Let me make it clear that we do not support the anti- dalit policies of UPA and there are several issues on which we do not support UPA but despite that, we extend support to it from outside to weaken the communal forces," Mayawati said.
She said BSP was not supporting UPA for any benefit as was being alleged by some parties in NDA fold.
"No one can point fingers at us on this issue. We are not giving outside support to UPA for any greed. Some opposition parties belonging to NDA keep saying that Congress is using the CBI and BSP is supporting it because of it. This is totally wrong," the BSP chief said.
She refused to comment on Union Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma`s allegation that SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav was getting commission to support UPA.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on