BSP, UPA in race to top number of scams: Sharad
Lucknow: Taking a dig at the Centre and the
Mayawati-led government in Uttar Pradesh, JD(U) president
Sharad Yadav on Tuesday said they are trying to "outdo" each other
in the number of scams.
"There is a competition going on between the Centre and
the state government..both are trying to outdo each other in
the number of scams," Yadav told reporters here on the
sidelines of a Chetna Sammelan organised by JD(U)`s youth
Yadav also extended his party`s support to senior BJP
leader L K Advani`s 38-day Jan Chetna Yatra which began today
from Sitabdiara in Bihar.
"His yatra against corruption has our support. I will be
participating in the yatra in Bihar," he said.
On Digvijay Singh`s salvo at Team Anna claiming Hazare
was being "led up the garden path" by people who were against
"weaker section and reservation," Yadav said, "it isn`t right
for people to talk beyond a limit."
The JD(U) leader also said that a decision on seat-
sharing with its NDA partner BJP for the forthcoming Uttar
Pradesh elections would take place soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends