BSP yet to clear stand on FDI issue in Parl
New Delhi: BSP Thursday kept its cards close to its chest on the issue of a debate in Parliament on FDI in retail, saying the government should first decide under what rule it wanted such a discussion.
"Centre should first decide under which rule it wanted discussion in Parliament on FDI. First government has to decide, then we will make our stand clear on the floor of the House," BSP chief Mayawati told reporters outside Parliament when asked about her stand on the issue.
Asked whether she will support Mamata Banerjee led TMC`s no-confidence motion, she said, "First government should decide under which rule, then we will decide on it."
Over the issue of reservation to SCs/STs in promotions, Mayawati said, "We have struggled a lot for bringing amendment to the SC/ST promotion Bill. We have struggled outside and inside Parliament to bring the Bill in Parliament. Because of our party`s struggle, Cabinet approved the Bill".
"Because it is an amendment, there has to be voting. Government had brought the Bill at the fag end of the last session. Today is the first day of the Winter Session. Our party has called a meeting of MPs yesterday and it was decided that we have to raise the SC/ST amendment Bill in Rajya Sabha.
On BSP members creating an uproar in Lok Sabha over the law and order situation in UP and demanding dismissal of the Akhilesh Yadav government, the former UP chief minister said, "Our party has decided to raise the law and order situation in Uttar Pradesh in Lok Sabha. We want to draw people`s notice to the anarchy in UP. UP has become crime pradesh now. So, Centre should intervene and declare President`s rule."
"UP situation is serious and we did not allow the Lok Sabha to run over the issue. It is very important to bring it to Centre`s attention. So, we raised the issue in Lok Sabha," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday