BSY had wound up BMICP project probe, alleges Gowda
New Delhi: JD(S) chief H D Deve Gowda on Monday
alleged that a high-level probe into the controversial
Bangalore-Mysore infrastructure corridor project had been
constituted but Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa in "collusion"
with the developer firm wound it up "to bury the fraud".
"Your public utterances on the BMICP project to the
effect that you have taken no decision on the project except
implementing court orders and all decisions had been taken by
Deve Gowda, whose baby it is, and SM Krishna, seem to heavily
depend on the perception that public memory is short," Gowda
said in an open letter to the Karnataka Chief Minister.
"When today you quietly try to shift the blame on me and
likes of S M Krishna to hide your sins, you conveniently
forgot to inform the public that you wound up B C Patel
Commission of inquiry on October 23, 2008 which was appointed
after a unanimity in the state assembly..that accountability
must be fixed for misdeeds and frauds in BMICP," he said.
The Supreme Court recently granted eight weeks to the
Karnataka government to take a decision on plea of developer
firm NICE for allotment of over 750 acres near Bangalore for
completion of the Bangalore-Mysore Express Way project.
The JD(S) chief, in his letter, said Yeddyurappa should
demand 460 acres of land to be given back and reject the
demand for another 764 acres.
The former Prime Minister had been targeting Yedyurappa
over the project for quite some time and had even sparked a
controversy by using abusive words against him. The Karnataka
Chief Minister repeatedly asserted that his government had no
role in allotment of land for the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Elvis Presley's guitarist Scotty Moore dies at 84
- US backed Syrian rebel forces seize military airport near IS stronghold
- China: Man rapes housemate, dumps victim in suitcase
- Good news for home buyers! Builders may have to pay 11% interest for delay in housing projects
- Case filed against PM Narendra Modi for insulting national flag