BSY had wound up BMICP project probe, alleges Gowda
New Delhi: JD(S) chief H D Deve Gowda on Monday
alleged that a high-level probe into the controversial
Bangalore-Mysore infrastructure corridor project had been
constituted but Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa in "collusion"
with the developer firm wound it up "to bury the fraud".
"Your public utterances on the BMICP project to the
effect that you have taken no decision on the project except
implementing court orders and all decisions had been taken by
Deve Gowda, whose baby it is, and SM Krishna, seem to heavily
depend on the perception that public memory is short," Gowda
said in an open letter to the Karnataka Chief Minister.
"When today you quietly try to shift the blame on me and
likes of S M Krishna to hide your sins, you conveniently
forgot to inform the public that you wound up B C Patel
Commission of inquiry on October 23, 2008 which was appointed
after a unanimity in the state assembly..that accountability
must be fixed for misdeeds and frauds in BMICP," he said.
The Supreme Court recently granted eight weeks to the
Karnataka government to take a decision on plea of developer
firm NICE for allotment of over 750 acres near Bangalore for
completion of the Bangalore-Mysore Express Way project.
The JD(S) chief, in his letter, said Yeddyurappa should
demand 460 acres of land to be given back and reject the
demand for another 764 acres.
The former Prime Minister had been targeting Yedyurappa
over the project for quite some time and had even sparked a
controversy by using abusive words against him. The Karnataka
Chief Minister repeatedly asserted that his government had no
role in allotment of land for the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez