Bucharest: AI plane makes emergency landing
New Delhi: A Chicago-bound Air India plane, with around 206 passengers and crew onboard, made an emergency landing in Romanian capital Bucharest on Saturday after the cargo door warning went off.
The Air India flight (AI 121D/127) to Chicago via Frankfurt had taken off from Frankfurt for Chicago and was flying over Romanian airspace when the cargo door warning went off in the cockpit.
"Sensing the urgency, the pilot made a technical landing at Bucharest at around 10.25 AM (Indian Time). All the passengers and crew onboard are safe," an Air India spokesperson said.
Soon after the landing, the Boeing-777 aircraft was subjected to checks but nothing was found wrong, probably it was a false alarm, he said, adding the plane has been cleared for take-off.
"Since our arrival slot at Chicago airport has lapsed, we are awaiting airport clearance from there. As soon as we get the clearance, the flight will take off," the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- PM Narendra Modi returns from Tashkent after completing his two-day visit
- Barack Obama says UK committed to 'orderly transition' out of EU
- Islamic State captures 900 Kurdish civilians in north Syria in 3 weeks
- 33 killed in renewed clashes across Yemen
- 'North Korea now a nuclear threat to be reckoned with, Washington can expect more nuclear tests and missile launches'