Bucharest: AI plane makes emergency landing
New Delhi: A Chicago-bound Air India plane, with around 206 passengers and crew onboard, made an emergency landing in Romanian capital Bucharest on Saturday after the cargo door warning went off.
The Air India flight (AI 121D/127) to Chicago via Frankfurt had taken off from Frankfurt for Chicago and was flying over Romanian airspace when the cargo door warning went off in the cockpit.
"Sensing the urgency, the pilot made a technical landing at Bucharest at around 10.25 AM (Indian Time). All the passengers and crew onboard are safe," an Air India spokesperson said.
Soon after the landing, the Boeing-777 aircraft was subjected to checks but nothing was found wrong, probably it was a false alarm, he said, adding the plane has been cleared for take-off.
"Since our arrival slot at Chicago airport has lapsed, we are awaiting airport clearance from there. As soon as we get the clearance, the flight will take off," the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM