Bucharest: AI plane makes emergency landing
New Delhi: A Chicago-bound Air India plane, with around 206 passengers and crew onboard, made an emergency landing in Romanian capital Bucharest on Saturday after the cargo door warning went off.
The Air India flight (AI 121D/127) to Chicago via Frankfurt had taken off from Frankfurt for Chicago and was flying over Romanian airspace when the cargo door warning went off in the cockpit.
"Sensing the urgency, the pilot made a technical landing at Bucharest at around 10.25 AM (Indian Time). All the passengers and crew onboard are safe," an Air India spokesperson said.
Soon after the landing, the Boeing-777 aircraft was subjected to checks but nothing was found wrong, probably it was a false alarm, he said, adding the plane has been cleared for take-off.
"Since our arrival slot at Chicago airport has lapsed, we are awaiting airport clearance from there. As soon as we get the clearance, the flight will take off," the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender