Bucharest: AI plane makes emergency landing
New Delhi: A Chicago-bound Air India plane, with around 206 passengers and crew onboard, made an emergency landing in Romanian capital Bucharest on Saturday after the cargo door warning went off.
The Air India flight (AI 121D/127) to Chicago via Frankfurt had taken off from Frankfurt for Chicago and was flying over Romanian airspace when the cargo door warning went off in the cockpit.
"Sensing the urgency, the pilot made a technical landing at Bucharest at around 10.25 AM (Indian Time). All the passengers and crew onboard are safe," an Air India spokesperson said.
Soon after the landing, the Boeing-777 aircraft was subjected to checks but nothing was found wrong, probably it was a false alarm, he said, adding the plane has been cleared for take-off.
"Since our arrival slot at Chicago airport has lapsed, we are awaiting airport clearance from there. As soon as we get the clearance, the flight will take off," the spokesperson said.
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?