Buddhadeb attends CPI(M) politburo meeting
New Delhi: After skipping several meetings
of the CPI(M) politburo, West Bengal Chief Minister
Buddhadeb Bhattacharya Saturday attended the deliberations of the
party`s top body, which will finalise a draft mid-term review
of its performance.
Bhattacharya has not been regular at the politburo meetings and had skipped the last meeting which was held early
last month. His absence has been a matter of speculation as it
was perceived that he was against the central leadership`s
handling of the party affairs.
The Chief Minister had skipped last month`s meeting,
which came soon after the party`s drubbing in the Bengal civic
polls, dubbed as a "semi-final" ahead of the next year`s
Assembly elections, in which arch-rival Trinamool Congress
emerged on the top.
It was the second time that Bhattacharya had skipped a
a politburo meeting after an election debacle in Bengal. He
had earlier skipped a politburo meeting after the 2009 Lok
Sabha polls where the Left suffered a huge blow in the state.
The two-day politburo meeting, which began here
this morning, discussed the draft resolution to be placed
before the extended central committee meeting in Vijayawada in
Senior politburo member M K Pandhe said the meeting
would finalise the draft and will be presented to the central
committee which will meet here later this month to give it a
final touch. The finalised draft will then be discussed in the
extended CC meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video