Buddhadeb-Chidambaram meeting between Jan 17-19
Kolkata: The long-awaited meeting between
Union Home Minister P Chidambaram and West Bengal Chief
Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee in Delhi to discuss law and
order in the state, including the January 7 Lalgarh killings,
might take place between January 17 and 19.
"We are trying to fix up two meetings with the Home
Minister and Prime Minister between January 17 and 19," CM`s
secretariat sources here said.
The Chief Minister has sought time from Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh too for a meeting, the sources said.
Earlier, the Chief Minister had said that he would be
able to visit Delhi only in the third week of this month
following Chidambaram`s letter on the Netai killings in
Lalgarh police station area by suspected CPI(M) armed cadres
that left seven dead.
Chidambaram had requested the Chief Minister to
`reschedule all appointments` and visit Delhi `immediately`.
A letter war had started after Chidambaram had
pointed to the virtual collapse of law and order in some parts
of the state.
He had also questioned the role of central forces in
anti-Maoist operations when CPI(M) armed cadre took it upon
themselves the duties of law and order.
Bhattacharjee had taken exception to the use of the
word `harmad` in Chidambaram`s letter and said, "I strongly
object to your using the word `harmad` to mean CPI-M party
workers without knowing the meaning of the nasty word coined
by Trinamool Congress."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?