Buddhadeb says no to Gorkhaland
Siliguri: West Bengal Chief Minister
on Sunday firmly told the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha that its demand
for a separate state would never be conceded and asked it to
instead concentrate on development of the region.
"Stop your movement for a Gorkhaland. It will never be
fulfilled. Concentrate on all round development of Darjeeling
as it is the only solution to the issue", Bhattacharjee said
while inaugurating a biscuit factory at Lichupokhri in Siliguri.
He also ruled out the GJM`s demand for inclusion of
Terai, Dooars and Siliguri in a proposed interim council, the
chief minister said.
He said restoration of peace was essential to bring about
development in Darjeeling.
Earlier, Bhattacharjee inaugurated an IT park, third of
its kind in the state after Kolkata and Durgapur, at Paribahan
Nagar, Matigara, on the outskirts of this commercial hub.
The chief minister also handed over keys to five
companies, which had been allotted space in the IT park.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'