‘Budget 2012 to impose more burden than Rail Budget`
New Delhi: With Trinamool Congress dubbing
the General Budget as "tolerable", the CPI(M) on Friday said it
was a reflection on the "tolerance level" of Mamata Banerjee`s
party as the budget proposals would impose much more burden on the people than the Rail Budget.
"If they say the General Budget is tolerable, then why
was their opposition to the rail fare hike. Today`s budget
will impose more burden on the people. This opposition can
only be construed as a drama," party Politburo member Sitaram Yechury said.
Referring to Trinamool`s "furious" opposition to the Rail
Budget and demand for sacking of Railway Minister Dinesh
Trivedi, he said, "Nothing has happened so far. That shows
their tolerance level."
The CPI(M) leader was asked to react to the statement of
Trinamool Congress leader Sudip Bandopadhyay that the Union
Budget was "tolerable".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre