‘Budget 2012 to impose more burden than Rail Budget`
New Delhi: With Trinamool Congress dubbing
the General Budget as "tolerable", the CPI(M) on Friday said it
was a reflection on the "tolerance level" of Mamata Banerjee`s
party as the budget proposals would impose much more burden on the people than the Rail Budget.
"If they say the General Budget is tolerable, then why
was their opposition to the rail fare hike. Today`s budget
will impose more burden on the people. This opposition can
only be construed as a drama," party Politburo member Sitaram Yechury said.
Referring to Trinamool`s "furious" opposition to the Rail
Budget and demand for sacking of Railway Minister Dinesh
Trivedi, he said, "Nothing has happened so far. That shows
their tolerance level."
The CPI(M) leader was asked to react to the statement of
Trinamool Congress leader Sudip Bandopadhyay that the Union
Budget was "tolerable".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack