‘Budget 2012 to impose more burden than Rail Budget`
New Delhi: With Trinamool Congress dubbing
the General Budget as "tolerable", the CPI(M) on Friday said it
was a reflection on the "tolerance level" of Mamata Banerjee`s
party as the budget proposals would impose much more burden on the people than the Rail Budget.
"If they say the General Budget is tolerable, then why
was their opposition to the rail fare hike. Today`s budget
will impose more burden on the people. This opposition can
only be construed as a drama," party Politburo member Sitaram Yechury said.
Referring to Trinamool`s "furious" opposition to the Rail
Budget and demand for sacking of Railway Minister Dinesh
Trivedi, he said, "Nothing has happened so far. That shows
their tolerance level."
The CPI(M) leader was asked to react to the statement of
Trinamool Congress leader Sudip Bandopadhyay that the Union
Budget was "tolerable".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot